Sunday 17 July 2011

Princess Cake

It was my niece's birthday today & I had the chance to relive my childhood and make a castle fit for a Princess :)





My brother has been on at me for ages to make him a Red Velvet cake. I've made loads of them recently and as much as I love them (and him); as cakes go, they are one of the trickier cakes to do. What I mean is, it's not something you just rustle up.


But, this is a special day and to celebrate all of my lovely nieces, I thought I would go for something a bit special. That, and I haven't baked a cake for a full 10 days or something crazy like that which is an eternity for me.


This design is a 3-tier Red Velvet cake with Pink Cream Cheese Frosting. I used biscuits, sprinkles, sweets and ice-cream cones as decorations - basically anything I could find. The only things that aren't edible are the flags... It was a lot of fun to make!




This is the kind of cake that when you get it, makes you feel loved and special. It took a while to make and was made with love. 

This cake is dedicated to all of the Princesses big and small out there because you are worth it.


Love and Peace xxx

Special shout out to Bailey and ChAna who couldn't join the celebrations today but where there in spirit.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Cake was beautiful and tasted delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the ultimate cake you would want as a little girl!! It looks Fabulous x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...