Tuesday 29 November 2011

Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins...and happy realisations



This week I had a bit of a happy realisation, I'm an OK baker. Obviously I blog & therefore promote myself somewhat, but anyone that knows me, knows that I'm an excellentist (as opposed to a perfectionist because that's just silly!) I compare myself unfavourably to people at the top of the game & then beat myself up for not being at their level. It's a double edged sword because it drives my standards - good thing; but it also leaves me feeling inadequate - bad thing.



In fact, I've been thinking a lot about what it is that defines me as a person. Traditionally, it's been the external things in my life such as, religion, career, marital status, bank balance, friendship circles etc etc but recently those things have changed either subtly or dramatically. This period of time pursuing happyness has really caused me to take it back to the bare bones and look deep inside to find out who I really am. You never know what you are going to find when you look within, but look within we must.




So this week I discovered that whilst I may not be Lorraine Pascale, I am an OK baker & when I say OK I mean I can make bad boy Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins that melt in your mouth & compel you to have thirds, yeah I said it, THIRDS, they were that good! I'm also extremely blessed to have amazing people in my life & I have a lot of love in my heart. Oh & I'm also learning the art of surrender (but that is for another post).

What cool things are you realising about yourself? We all know what we aren't good at but what are your happy realisations?

Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I realise that I often cower to make other people feel better about themselves or situation, but I am trying to change this, by moving as God's spirit moves me and to use and nurture my gifts. I'm also loving getting to know Bailey and trying to be a better wife and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a true domestic godess & an inspiration. Love you xxxx ps I'm bringing the lamb tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm learning that it's ok not to be ok, and that you don't have to justify your actions to anyone other than yourself. I've sought approval all my life, now I feel I stand tall in my decisions... Most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, I want to live my life standing tall xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm.....I'm happy about 'realising' or shall I say 'receiving the Revelation that': I don't have to perform. Not for her, not for him, not for myself......and most importantly....not for God! *Phew :)
    This blog was very sweet on my cyber tongue.
    *Yummy :)Great stuff Bailey..you never disappoint.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in need of a real taste of the sweetness, soon and very soon my lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...