Sunday 11 December 2011

Day 11 - Christmas Cake Pop Baubles & Molly Bakes...



I've been making zillions of Cake Pops recently though these babies are my first ever upside down cake pops and I love them!

Cake Pops are simple (in theory) to make, but things often go wrong so it ends up taking three or four times as long as it should. I still haven't cracked it which frustrates me no end, surely by now I should be the Cake Pop Master! That said, I have just secured myself some classes with the writer of one of my latest book purchases, Molly Bakes a cool bakery in London Fields, Hackney. Maybe she can shed some light on how to get it right every time!


Whilst getting frustrated with myself for my lack of mastery over the mighty Pop, I stumbled across the quotes below & they really struck home. There is no substitute and/or fast track for experience. How often are we hard on ourselves for not handling a situation when we've never done it before, let alone when we've given ourselves a bit of a chance? I've certainly been giving myself a hard time this week and am determined to be a bit kinder to myself...


We learn by practice. Whether it means to learn to dance by practicing dancing or to learn to live by practicing living, the principles are the same. One becomes in some area an athlete of God. Martha Graham

“A man went to Istanbul, his first visit there. On his way to a business meeting, this man lost his way. He began raging at himself for getting lost, until a realization allowed him to overcome his anger. "How can I be lost? I've never been here before?" pp 104-105” Melody Beattie, The Lessons of Love: Rediscovering Our Passion for Life When It All Seems Too Hard To Take.


So back to the cake pops; these cuties are vanilla flavoured and are fashioned after Christmas Baubles, I haven't figured out yet whether you could actually hang one on a Christmas Tree but given that I only made a few, they'll be gone before I can work it out!


Update! Since this post I have done a photo how-to post for making cake pop balls... Not that I am now the expert but I reckon I can at least share what I've learnt through all of my failures :)



Peace & Love


xx



Pin It

13 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. I would like to give these a try for Christmas...can I hit you up for the recipe? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hon - yes sure I will pass it on to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a better and unique idea. I like to try for this year's Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great Cake Pop recipe the pictures helped alot….

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...