Monday 12 December 2011

Day 12 - Mixtape Monday & Snowflake Mini Cupcakes



Happy Monday People, I hope you all had a good weekend. I was a busy bee (no change there then) and yesterday had the pleasure of going to not one, but two Christmas Church Services / Showcases.  Both were really well put together and helped to remind me of the reason behind the season. There was food, happy faces, drama and best of all music.


I don't know about you but I am a sucker for Christmas music, I love all of it, the hymns, the Christmas albums, Brass Bands, the lot. Mariah Carey's Christmas album gets a special mention but my all time favourite Christmas song is 'Baby It's Cold Outside' originally written by Loesser in 1936 (thank you Wikipedia :). As a little gift I have compiled a top ten although it's so hard to narrow it down as all of the Christmas songs have been covered a million times so I have selected the versions that I'm loving and the songs that have come to mind.  

Top Ten(ish) Crimbo Tunage

1. Baby it's Cold Outside Willie Nelson ft Norah Jones
4. Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow Dean Martin ft Nat King Cole
5. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen Annie Lennox (LOVE this mix, it's a little bit bashy!)
6. Joy To The World Whitney Houston with The Georgia Mass Choir
7. Hark The Herald Angels/Gloria in Excelsis Deo Mariah Carey
8. Jingle Bells Amy Grant (another bashy mix!)
9. I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus Johnny Clarke (reggae Christmas)
10. Auld Land Syne Barenaked Ladies



Before I forget, the cakies on show are an old favourite Red Velvet, topped with Cream Cheese Frosting & Red Fondant Snowflakes. Check out an earlier post for instructions on how to make your very own.

What are your favourite Christmas songs? Let me know :)

Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. these are stunning!! and they sound delicious - so festive and lovely - I just posted cupcakes too :)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - loving the pear cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous! I've always wondered what Red Velvet cupcakes are so it was a bonus to see your link to a previous post. At some point, I will have a go at creating my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, do you sell your cakes? If so, please could you email me at cara@carabendon.com with your prices for 24, 48 and 60 mini cupcakes? Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...