Friday 16 December 2011

Day 16 - Chocolate Cupcakes With A Cherry On Top



Do I need a reason to have made these cupcakes? Seriously, they are just ridiculously cute and a perfect treat for hard working ladies (and men for that matter :). These babies were the Chocolate Cupcakes that I referred to in yesterday's post, I think it's clear to see why they needed a post to themselves :). 

The fresh cherries were covered in melted white candy and left to dry in the fridge. I then made my favourite chocolate cupcake using the recipe from the Primrose Bakery. This is a fail safe recipe when I know that the cakes may not be eaten straight away. That said, it is super fiddly. It's all about separating eggs, whisking egg whites, melting chocolate, etc etc. You literally have to work your way up to it but I wanted the ladies to take some with them as gifts so I went for the longer lasting ones. You have to be careful with cupcakes as they can dry out really quickly. 


On a more slightly more concerning note, Christmas is hurtling towards me at breakneck speed & I still have a lot to do- like buy some Christmas presents! My deadline is the end of this weekend so on Monday I'll give you an update as to where I'm at. Party season is kicking in as well so there's loads going on; I'm going to my first ever costume party this weekend & I'm super excited.



I'm off to get my presents on: have a great weekend whatever you're up to!

Peace & Love

xx

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...