Saturday 3 December 2011

Day 3 - White Chocolate Love Bird



"Without love, we are birds without wings" Morris Schwartz


Day 3 of the Advent Calendar is a White Chocolate Love Bird from Choccywoccydoodah an AMAZING chocolate shop in Brighton. They can make literally anything out of chocolate; going to the shop is almost like going to an art gallery.

Chocolate Cake from Choccywoccydoodah

Of all the things that I saw in the shop, the bird stood out to me the most. Birds have become quite symbolic to me recently, representing peace & the presence of God, watching over me. One day I was stressing over something & I stood at the kitchen door to get some fresh air just looking up at the sky. In the tree at the bottom of my garden was a bird and this verse came to mind;

     “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:25-27

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song" Chinese Proverb


I can't tell you how much peace that bought to me because that is the truth. We can get worried about so much, but worry is not productive and achieves little if anything. It's much better to put that energy into solutions...




I'll leave you with this thought;


"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings' Victor Hugo



Peace & Love


xx





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...