Thursday 16 February 2012

Keeping It Real - Skull Cupcakes



This has been a week of ups and downs; Whitney Houston passing (down), two cool birthdays (up), losing all of my photos (major down), finding a forgotten stash of money (up), car making strange 'I'm going to die any minute' noises (down), tea and red velvet cake with a friend (up), I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the picture.


The photos for my planned post have disappeared, so I had to rustle something else up in their place. My plan was to blog about a lovely birthday cake I'd made, covered with strawberries and happiness,  but I was just too sad to bake any more happy cakes. I laid out all of my cheeriest sprinkles on the kitchen counter and even tried to imagine myself making sugar flowers but I couldn't. I think we need to be real with ourselves sometimes, don't ignore how you feel, work through it.

So I got out my skull candy mould & immediately felt better. I bought it just after Halloween but haven't quite found the right time to make anything with it. I then picked out some red foil cupcake cases and the juiciest red glitter I could find & the good vibes started rolling in... It's amazing what glitter can do (that and a cheeky glass of red wine!) I reckon it's pretty impossible to stay down when there is red glitter all over the place :)

I stuck with a vanilla cupcake and cream cheese frosting to keep things nice and simple. Once everything was assembled, my mood was officially lightened. My photos aren't back, but all hope isn't gone!

My lesson: Keep it real but stay positive!


What do you do to cheer yourself up?

Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. They look lovely. I've had bad news, illness and affairs of the heart to deal with this week so I suppose we're in the same mindset. I eat chocolate to feel better usually... Touching base with your besties also helps :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look on your blog at your cakes, and a good laugh always does the trick! Good comedy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends, food and laughter definitely do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...