Thursday 26 April 2012

Cupcake In A Jar... (Take Two)


I'm a romantic at heart and a lover of all things handwritten and handmade. I especially love handwritten post (or mail for my American friends), bills are definitely not included! So from the moment I saw the idea of cupcakes in a jar on one of my favourite blogs, Cakies, I really wanted to try it. It seemed like the perfect combination of all things cool for a gift.


Last year I went for it & sent a friend who lives a long way away, some red velvet cupcakes in a jar as a surprise birthday gift. 

Everything was fine until I posted it, at which point I transformed into a nervous wreck! I started panicking that the jar would break during transit (even though I had bubble wrapped it and covered it in newspaper) and whether it would get there in time for the big day. On the day itself, I was checking my phone every two minutes for word which never came.

It was just my luck that she was out when it arrived and as she wasn't expecting anything (surprise), she didn't rush to the Post Office to collect it. The next day she went on holiday for a week! By the time she eventually got the present, I'd been through all the stages of grief at my failed plan and was just hoping that the cream cheese frosting wouldn't poison her! The whole thing was a little traumatic to be honest and although she appreciated the gesture, I had hoped she'd be able to actually eat the cake!


Undeterred I tried my luck again this year. I still went for the element of surprise (as in I didn't tell her I was sending anything), but this time round, I made a vanilla cupcake with buttercream as I figure it doesn't need to be refrigerated and could cope with an unexpected short holiday. More importantly though, I let go of any stress and pressure because I'm pretty sure my nervous energy followed the gift the last time round!

It was a happily ever after ending and I was really pleased that I didn't let the first experience put me off trying again. It made me think about how important it is to keep trying as a more general life lesson. 

I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature. John D. Rockefeller.

Before I sign off I just wanted to remind you about my photography blog, I've added some pretty cool pictures over the last few weeks that I'd love you to see!

Peace & Love

xx

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Really funny! Last year, typical! Lovely quote too xxxx LOVE YOU xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...