Monday 2 April 2012

Happiness Is Bread & Butter Pudding



A friend of mine sent me a message the other day on Facebook asking for a simple brioche recipe to use in a posh bread & butter pudding. I couldn't help him with a simple recipe (there's nothing simple about making brioche), but I did ask him for his recipe as it sounded delicious. And it was! I absolutely love brioche, and to mix it with fruit and custard was so much better than I thought possible. I thought this was a dessert for cold weather but it actually works quite well chilled so is versatile. Perhaps the best part about it is that it's a simple assembly job so takes no time at all - you can get all of the ingredients ready made!

Fancy Bread & Butter Pudding


Ingredients
500g Vanilla Custard
400g Brioche Loaf
200g Blueberries

Steps
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5/ 375oF / 190oC

2. Generously butter the base and sides of an oven proof dish

3. Layer the base of the dish with slices of the brioche loaf, cover generously with half of the custard and evenly sprinkle a third of the blueberries over the custard.

4. Repeat the steps above for one more layer and finally add another layer of brioche and decorate the top of the pudding with the remaining blueberries.

5. Cook in the pre-heated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the blueberries burst.

6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before serving warm.




Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love bread and butter pudding- it's one of my all time fave desserts. It's also very nice when made with panettone. Yours is giving me the munchies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Friday brunch sorted now! You are a star and always inspire, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is indeed bread and butter pudding...perhaps if there was more bread and butter pudding in the world, there'd be more happiness!! :-) It's one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, this is a really nice post about eggs. It would be great if you linked to it in my brand new Food on Friday series. This week it is about all things egg. Food on Friday It would make my day if you put a link into it via the Mr Linky widget.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...