Thursday 5 April 2012

Pavlova and beautiful things...



I never thought I'd say this but retail therapy no longer has the same appeal. The endless accumulation of things I don't need is a bit tiring. But food has that amazing quality of being necessary, tasty and able to bring joy to you and to those around you.

Last week I needed to bake myself happy. I was on the brink of some almost too good-to-be-true news and I was tingling with excitement at the thought of it coming to fruition...and then it didn't. I wanted to be all Zen about it in the knowledge that it wasn't meant to be, but the truth is, it made me sad. 



I took matters into my own hands and looked for something simple and beautiful to make. I came across a lovely recipe for Pavlova online (click here for the link) which ticks all of the boxes in my book. It's stunning and summery and surprisingly easy to make.

I had a full house that day & everybody squealed with excitement when they saw it. I think the best way to eat it, is for everyone to sit round the table with a spoon and just dig in! A mouth full of crispy yet chewy meringue, whipped cream and summer berries is enough to bring a smile on anyone's face.




So with a beautiful dessert made I set about dusting my shoulders off & moving on.  I'm hopeful that 'too-good-to-be true' things are still on the horizon and I look forward to sharing them with you!

I'll leave you with this quote I found today;

Things turn out best
for the people who
make the best of
the way things turn out. 





Peace & Love


xx

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Superb quote, pavlova sounds like the perfect antidote to sadness. Beautiful as ever you talented lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream about a strawberry pavlova last night, so I was tickled to see this posted this morning :)

    Sorry that your good news fell through last week. I always say that when things don't pan out, it's because there is something better on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny that you dreamed of a Pavlova :)

      Yes, I'm sure things will turn out alright in the end!

      X

      Delete
  3. SO SO beautiful! what a wonderful job you did with this pavlova!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Mary & your lovely comments.

      X

      Delete
  4. So gorgeous!! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd finish every crumb of this. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I wish I was part of that full house! Pavlova is one of all time fave desserts and this looks completely delicious, your photography is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you guys for all of your lovely comments!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...