Monday 4 February 2013

Honey I Love You


It's that time of year again and Valentines Day is near. For me, Valentines Day is special because it's my son's birthday but I guess in a way over the years it's lost the whole romantic meaning....

Sugar cookies in the making...

As I've named this year the year of love, money and happiness, I'm focussing on what I want rather than what isn't. So to start with, I made a little collage of my ideal Valentines Day gifts (take note people).

Pictures courtesy of  Pintrest

Love letters, flowers and balloons, what more can a girl want from her Valentine? 

Sugar cookies of course! 


Sugar Cookies Recipe (American style adapted from Sweet Designs by Amy Atlas)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour

1. Combine the sugar, butter and salt light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Finally add the flour (sifted) until it it's just combined.
2. Roll the dough into a large circle 1/4 inch thick in between two sheets of baking or parchment paper. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter and place them on one of the sheets of baking paper at least 1" apart. Leave to chill for a further 1 hour. 
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180oC (gas mark 4). Bake until light golden, 6-12 minutes depending on the size and shape of the cookies. Rotate halfway through cooking so that you get an even colour. Leave to chill on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.





I covered these delicious sugar cookies with peach coloured royal icing (click here for a video recipe) and sprinkled them with love hearts. They lasted about 5 minutes and didn't even make it out of the house! Not to worry, this month my baking will be all things love and someone will get to be the recipient! :)

Peace & Love
xx


ps - if anyone wants to spoil me this Valentines, please do!!!!!






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...