Saturday 2 February 2013

Integrity

Will the real me please stand up?

In a break from tradition, today's post will not feature any baked goodies (gasp!) I have had one of those days (weeks/months) where I am being given a very clear message about my character and I feel like I need to share it with you. 

The issue at question here is my integrity & it's not about me lying or being dishonest. This goes deeper than telling the truth; it's ultimately about the power of my word. 

I have long held on to the belief that through our words, we have the power to create our own destiny. And yet to make that a reality, you need to honour your word not only to other people but especially to yourself.

I have found myself making and breaking the same promises, having the same conversations, giving the same excuses and justifications for things that I should or shouldn't have done. I used to be confident in the fact that if I said something that I would do it but now I've starting doubting myself.

I choose today to be a woman of integrity, one commitment at a time, and wanted to declare that you all.


Thank you for listening and rest assured that normal service will resume :)!

Peace & Love

xx

ps please feel free to comment or share if you have had similar revelations/struggles/breakthroughs...
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thx for sharing. I agree that living a life of integrity is easier said than done; certainly your post has sparked some self-reflection, and in the first, is helping me identify where I come up short. Harmonising what you think, say, and do is what integrity is all about, the fruit of which is the happiness that Gandhi speaks of. Furthermore, it credits one as reliable and profits both the individual and those they have the privilege to cross paths with.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...