Sunday 10 March 2013

Cupcakes in Bloom


Happy Mothers Day! I had a beautiful day today with my two boys on what felt like the coldest day EVER! They made me lovely cupcakes and we took a trip down to the Sunday flower market at Columbia Road

Me and the boys

Now that I'm officially a Londoner again, and an East Londoner at that, I'm lucky enough to have that market on my doorstep. It's all it's cracked up to be and more although it's without doubt the busiest market I've ever been to!


My gifts
Whilst I was keeping hypothermia at bay in these near arctic conditions, my own mum was sunning it up in Jamaica (lucky for some!)

My beautiful mum, I love you!
 


In honour of all mothers everywhere, I made some blossom cupcakes, as inspired by Cup Cakes in Bloom in one of my many Peggy Porschen books. I'm thinking I'm going to do more of her cakes. I've got a few favourites that I'm really excited to try so keep an eye out!


Not everyone has their mother around or is fortunate enough to have the kind of relationship with their biological mother that I do, and for some it's a painful reminder that they do not have any children of their own. It's a bit like Valentines Day and Christmas; holidays that are meant to about love and family (and are), but that can also have a sad edge.


As for me, I'm grateful to have so many blessings in my life and to be surrounded by so much love and I hope to never take it for granted. 

Peace & Love
xx




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...