Monday 18 March 2013

It's a British Thing....


I've been sharing my old pictures on Instagram lately, (follow me by the way (@baileyana), and last week I posted some 'Cool Britannia' cake pops. I made them just over a year ago, because a friend of mine asked me for some British themed cakes that he could use as the cover artwork for his mixtape.

After I shared them, it occurred to me that I don't think I ever made a song and dance about having my very first album cover (see what I did there?) 






A strange but true fact is that I actually have a song named after me. My dad wrote it the year after I was born. He was in a band (still is to be fair) called Black Slate although I think this was a solo venture. 

Track No. 4 Side Two if you're wondering...

The only problem is that I can't find it anywhere because it's no longer in circulation and he doesn't have a copy!!! 

Internet friends help me. If there are any hardcore, UK (red hot) dub reggae enthusiasts out there who can find this song for me then please do. 

If you find and give me a copy of the song, I will love you forever. 

And make you delicious cakes. 

And be really grateful.


My Dad's band back in the day. Amigo was one of their most popular songs, check it out!

Failing that, you could just write me a new song and maybe buy me some balloons.

(Just a suggestion, no pressure).

Peace & Love

xx


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Black Slate is one of my fav reggae bands. I was in my teens when they mashed up the charts.

    Did you ever find the dub album? You can download it here:
    http://rootsstone.blogspot.se/2013/05/elroy-bailey-red-hot-dub-1979.html



    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...